Monday, September 5, 2011

008: to ishigaki!

After spending the entire day at Iriomote, I am way too tired to ramble (luckily for you all, no?) So have some pictures with short captions!
Leaving Guesthouse Kerama for the airport!

At Kabira, I took a bike from my guesthouse and went around for about 2 hours. It was pretty much incredible.









As big as my hand. . . SCREAM.






Rusty, but functional!
Everyone from Guesthouse Iriwa at the beach!

Gon-san's birthday!


His sons were basically the cutest imaginable.
After dinner (served by the hostess: curry rice, fresh fish, goya, and plenty of awamori), the younger members of the guesthouse all decided to take a midnight walk to the beach to see the stars. While the clouds occasionally interfered, it was absolutely gorgeous. I can't really explain how peaceful it felt to be sitting at the beach, listening to the waves and watching the sky. . . nor do I have any pictures, obviously. Still, it'll be a memory I'll cherish for a long time.

Next time: Iriomote!

No comments:

Post a Comment